A Database is a Group of related information in an organized way that data can be easily accessed, managed and updated.
What is Data
Any piece of information can be a data, for example name of your collage. Database is actually a place where related information are stored and various operations can be performed on it.
A DBMS is stands for Data Base Management System .DBMS is actually a tool used to perform any kind of operation on data in database.
- DBMS provides protection and security to database
- Data consistency in case of multiple users.
- DBMS Easily accessed, managed and updated.
Components of Database System
The database system can be divided into four components.
- Users : Users may be as End users,System Developer and DATABASE administrator.
- Application : Database application may be Personal, Departmental, Enterprise.
- DBMS : Software Part that allow users to define, create and manages database access.
Ex: MySql,Oracle,Excel etc.
- Database:is Collection of logical data.
Functionality of DBMS
- DBMS Provides Data independency.
- DBMS Provides Concurrency Control.
- DBMS Provides Recovery services.
- DBMS Provides Utility services.
- DBMS Provides a clear and logical view of the process that manipulates data.
Advantages of DBMS
- Segregation of application program.
- Reduced Data Duplicasy.
- Easy Retrieval of data.
- Reduced Development time and maintenance need.
Disadvantages of DBMS
- Data Complexity
- Large in size